By Thapelo Molefe
The case against suspended SAPS Organised Crime Unit member Fannie Nkosi has been postponed to 22 July to consolidate all his cases.
The disgraced cop made a brief appearance in the Pretoria North Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.
Nkosi faces charges in Thohoyandou including theft of dagga, fraud, defeating the ends of justice and theft of a police forensic report linked to an alleged drug case interference matter.
ALSO READ: WATCH LIVE: Deputy President Mashatile delivers keynote at NEPAD 25 Business Breakfast
The State told the court it intends applying for the centralisation of the Thohoyandou and Pretoria matters.
“The state is requesting a postponement until the 22nd of July for purposes of centralisation,” the prosecutor told the court.
During proceedings, Nkosi’s legal representative withdrew from the matter after informing the court that another attorney had been appointed to take over his defence.
He remains in police custody after his previous bail applications were denied.
“You remain in custody. Your bail is denied,” the magistrate said.
Nkosi’s return to court follows a series of escalating legal challenges tied to the Madlanga Commission.
The Thohoyandou charges stem from a 2022 case involving dagga, unlicensed firearms and explosives.
Police allege that Nkosi collected an original case docket while claiming he had been sent from Head Office before later removing confiscated dagga from police custody while posing as a colonel.
ALSO READ: EFF demands proof of eThekwini’s ‘unbelievable’ 250-tanker fleet claim
In April, Nkosi was denied bail after the court found that his release was not in the interests of justice.
Nkosi is also facing charges related to unlawful possession of a stun grenade, ammunition, SAPS property and police dockets after cash and police exhibits were allegedly found during a raid at his home.
He has also been described as an alleged middleman between suspected cartel boss Vusimusi “Cat” Matlala, senior police officers and Tshwane officials.








