Duduzane Zuma, the son of former President Jacob Zuma, is taking legal action over what he termed his “wrongful arrest” in July last year.
Duduzane said he was upset with the manner in which he was detained at OR Tambo International Airport, while answering questions by his legal representative Advocate Piet Louw at the public inquiry into state capture Tuesday,
He outlined that the arrest was brought on by statements made by former deputy Finance Minister Mcebisi Jonas that he, Duduzane, along with members of the Gupta family, tried to bribe him (Jonas) for a ministerial position.
He was charged with contravening the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Act, only for the charges to be provisionally withdrawn until the state capture inquiry was concluded.
But former president Zuma’s son said he was not done with the matter, and would “most definitely” take legal steps.
Duduzane said the legal repercussions of Jonas’ statement had seen him walk in and out of courtrooms facing charges which he said were never substantiated.
The Commission heard that although the complaint made to the police was related to the meeting with Jonas, the former deputy Finance Minister had never made a statement to the police relating to the matter.
1,485 total views, 3 views today