- Advertisement -spot_img

Actor Bonko Khoza denies sexual misconduct allegations

- Advertisement -spot_img

Must read

By Charmaine Ndlela

Actor Bonko Khoza has denied allegations of sexual misconduct made by his former Red Ink co-star Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku, saying police investigated the matter and that authorities did not prosecute him.

In a statement released on Monday, Khoza said that Nokwe-Mseleku opened a criminal case against him in May 2024, but that authorities later decided not to prosecute after “considering the evidence”.

He said that the allegations stem from an intimate scene filmed for Red Ink in September 2023. He maintained that the scene was choreographed, rehearsed and supervised by production staff, including directors and stunt coordinators. 

Khoza said more than 12 crew members were present during filming and none reported witnessing any form of assault or misconduct. He further claimed that representatives from Red Ink Productions, M-Net, SWIFT, senior crew members and both actors’ agents later reviewed the unedited footage and concluded there was “no thrusting, sexual misconduct or criminal behaviour”. 

Khoza’s response follows allegations made publicly by Nokwe-Mseleku, who accused the actor of violating agreed boundaries while filming the intimate scene for the production.

She alleged that clear boundaries had been discussed before filming and claimed a close-up shot linked to the alleged incident was later removed from the final edit. 

Nokwe-Mseleku further alleged that production executives and directors described Khoza’s conduct as “unacceptable” and “unprofessional”, and assured her the matter would be addressed. She said that she later opened a criminal case but felt unsupported throughout the process. 

The actress, in a trending video, said that the incident permanently changed her relationship with the entertainment industry and announced that she would no longer continue acting in traditional media productions.

Khoza said the allegations had taken a personal toll on him and his family. He reiterated his support for victims of sexual violence and the importance of maintaining safe professional working environments in the entertainment industry.

INSIDE POLITICS

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

CATHSSETTA

spot_img

AVBOB STEP 12

spot_img

Inside Education E-Edition

spot_img

Inside Metros G20 COJ Edition

spot_img

JOZI MY JOZI

spot_img

QCTO

spot_img

Latest article