Businessman Patrice Motsepe has pledged R1 billion towards the fight against coronavirus in South Africa.
The donation was announced during a media briefing in Pretoria on Saturday.
In a prepared statement, Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe said the family had been in contact with government to identify specific projects and needs.
Moloi-Motsepe said the foundation will make contact with government and the Solidarity Fund to collaborate in efforts to fight the coronavirus.
The briefing was also attended by Sanlam executives.
“We have a deep obligation to people of South Africa and the whole continent. We will donate money and provide resources. We are making several hundred millions of rands which will be deployed to fight COVID-19, especially in poor rural areas of SA,” said Patrice Motsepe.
(Compiled by Charles Molele)