- Advertisement -spot_img

Ramaphosa to 30 June protesters: Break the law and face full force of the state

- Advertisement -spot_img

Must read

Simon Nare

President Cyril Ramaphosa has warned anti-illegal immigration protesters planning to take part in the 30 June protests that the state, not vigilante groups, is responsible for enforcing immigration laws — and that anyone who breaks the law will face the full might of the state.

Ramaphosa, answering oral questions in the National Council of Provinces on Thursday, said law enforcement agencies would be on full alert and that government had put measures in place to prevent any attempt to destabilise the country.

Anti-illegal immigration groups, including March and March, have set 30 June as the “deadline” for undocumented foreign nationals to leave South Africa.

Earlier this week, Acting Police Minister Firoz Cachalia said police preparations for the protests were expected to cost around R600 million. The defence force has also been placed on standby.

Ramaphosa warned: “As government, we have put in place security and other measures to

You’ve reached your free article limit

Subscribe to enjoy unlimited access to trusted journalism. Cancel anytime.

Subscribe now

Need help? molokom@insideeducation.co.za

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Inside Education E-edition June 2026

spot_img

Services Seta 2026

spot_img

CATHSSETTA

spot_img

AVBOB STEP 12

spot_img

Inside Metros G20 COJ Edition

spot_img

JOZI MY JOZI

spot_img

QCTO

spot_img

Latest article